Saturday, April 12, 2014

My Craft Kit

Due to technical difficulties there is no art journal page to watch this week. 
As a place holder instead, have a photo walkthrough of my traveling art kit:

 This is what the bag looks like all zipped up. It is an old Queen's laptop bag I found at Value Village for $5. It bulges with artsy goodness.
Opened up there are the two sides.

  The front side holds:
 My Neo-Color twos in an old oil pastel box
 My sponges, in an old jewelry box which fits perfectly in the left pocket.
 My heat gun, that fits perfectly in the middle pocket.
 A selection of stencils and stamps, in an old hardware container.
And some paints and bottled inks, in a sandwich container that I bought at the dollar store that just fits in the right hand pocket.
 The back side contains
 An old hardware box full of paper and scraps, as well as my couple of washi tapes
 Under that, showing the loose things.
 A Mappins box holding my gelatos and the relocated oil pastels
 A removable pencil case (part of the bag, velcros in) with some exacto knives, pens, water spritzers, paintbrushes, white paint pens, a bone folder and some glue.
 Between the laptop section and the pencil case fit my distress inks, other inks, and some larger stamps as well as some Tim Holtz letters and some letter stamps.
 Loose under the paper bin are the rest of my stamps, here are some alphabets
 All my mounted stamps
 And another hardware box full of cling stamps
In the outer pocket you'll find my gesso, a tin of homemade stamps, and a tin of tiny scraps.
Finally, in the outer back pocket you'll find my art mat. Really a silicon cutting mat from the dollar store, it gets a lot of use.

How about you, internets? Do you like arts? Do you have a special arts and crafts kit that you can show?

No comments:

Post a Comment