Wednesday, April 23, 2014

A Slow Reduction

Hello everyone, me again!
And I have some good news. Beginning early May I will be returning to my job at Walmart after a four month leave of absence for my health. What this means is that my medication has finally been changed to a working formula and enough time has been given to allow it to take effect.

I am currently free of that nagging voice in my head that says I am not good enough, and that the world is a scary place I don't want to be a part of. I am no longer bedridden nine out of ten days. I have interest in things (as evidenced by this blog, in fact). I am more social, and a better contributor to those relationships.
Which is amazing!

However this means that soon to come my time will not be entirely my own once again. I will have obligations and duties beyond what I choose. While this change is a very good thing, it does mean some less than nice things for this blog.

In the coming weeks I will be reducing the number of posts on this blog, to reflect my working schedule. I will no longer be posting every day. However, do not despair! This does not spell the death of this young blog!

No, I will not be abandoning this blog. On the contrary, the reason I am cutting the number of posts per week is to extend its life. While I may still write every day the excess posts will be scheduled for weeks to come, in order to continue bringing you content.

"But how often will you be posting?" I hear you wonder. And I have an answer. I plan to continue posting four times a week. And what will that get you? Well, it is simple:

  • One post on Monday, currently the World Building 101 segment
  • One post on Tuesday, currently the Game a Week segment
  • One post on Thursday, currently the Gimme Games segment
  • and One post on Friday, currently the free space/Life Talk segment.
While the content of each day will shift over time (after World Building 101 I'm thinking Conlangs 101) I am attempting to commit to those four days. The reason for choosing these particular days is simple: Except for Friday they are all running segments, and I want to give you a sense of continuity. 

"But what about Art Time? That's a running segment!" you call. Yes, Art Time is a running segment (that hasn't done so well yet :P) However, you see how Friday is a free space? Those weeks I have something to show for Art Time will be bumping Life Talk from the roster. 
"And Real Life Reviews? I love that shit!" Yes, Real Life Reviews will still happen. On some Fridays. 

And with that, I shall conclude this post with a question:

What would you like to see me talk about on this blog?

No comments:

Post a Comment