Friday, April 18, 2014

Merry Easter!

Merry Easter everyone. Good Friday through Easter Sunday I hope you have splendor and joy!
I myself am not a religious person, and do not celebrate the "meaning" of Easter. I merely use it as an excuse to buy people gifts. And I think that is an acceptable use of any holiday, really.

Last year I bought my girlfriend a very cute stuffed rabbit. She quickly named it Zoey.
However this year I was stumped. The girlfriend is in France this Easter, and shipping is expensive. Whatever shall I do?

Well, taking cues from her Valentines gift to me this year (having a florist here bring me roses), I decided I must send her something that is already over there.

Thus came in Amazon.
Did you know that you can use your Amazon account to buy things from other countries' Amazons? I did not! I was searching all over the place for the cheapest shipping of gifts to France from florists and chocolatiers when suddenly Amazon.co.uk popped up and I thought I'd try it.

Lo and behold, it works! I was able to select my account as the paying account, and her address as the one to ship to.

And lookie what I bought:


That's right- a GIANT box of sugar! All sorts of retro candies and chocolates.
While not my first choice (or my seventh) it did allow me to ship to France. 
(Why didn't I use the France Amazon you ask? One, I don't speak French, two, it didn't have anything I wanted)

With gift wrapping and shipping the whole order came out to less than $50, which I thought was a bargain considering the GIANT list of sweets it includes.

The only minor set back with Amazon (over a florist) is that you cannot select your delivery date. As such by the time of posting this she has already had her present for several days.

My only regret is that I can't be there to see her open it!
But I have since heard that many of the candies are good, and she is working through them at a fast clip, so all is well!

No comments:

Post a Comment